Home / Academics / Computation and Neural Systems (CNS) / Undergraduate Studies / CNS Option Requirements
CNS Option Requirements
- Fulfillment of extended core requirements in Differential Equations (Ma 2 or equivalent); Probability and Statistics (Ma 3, Ge/ESE 118 or equivalent); Waves (Ph 2a, Ph 12a or equivalent), Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics (Ph 2c, Ph 12c or equivalent).
- Demonstration of competency in computer programming or computer science by taking CS 1, CS 2, and one of BE 103 and CS 3 or by taking an approved alternative course, or by passing a placement exam administered by the computer science option.
- Bi/CNS 162 and 9 units of laboratory courses taken from the following list: CS/CNS 171, CS/CNS 174, EE 45, EE 90, EE 91 ab, ME 72 ab, ME 50ab, BE 107, BE/EE/MedE 189 a, BE/CS 196a, Bi/BE 227, Bi/CNS/BE/NB 230.
- ACM 95 ab, or Ma 108 abc, or Ma 109 abc.
- SEC 10 and SEC 11, SEC 12, or SEC 13; or Bi/BE 24.
- Bi 8, Bi 9, Bi/CNS/NB 150, Bi/CNS/ NB 157, Bi/CNS/NB 164.
- Choose five from the following list: EE 111, CS/CNS/EE 156 ab, CS/CNS/EE 155, CS 159, CNS/Bi/EE/CS/NB 186, CNS/Bi/Ph/CS/NB 187, BE/CS/CNS/Bi 191a, BE 150, IDS/ACM/CS 157.
- 45 units of electives chosen from either advanced EAS courses or advanced science courses offered by BBE, CCE, GPS, or PMA divisions.